The deadline for submittals is February 25th 2013. The season will consist of five shows, one of which is the New Works Competition winner in May of 2014. Please indicate where in the Calendar year you would like to produce the project, from September through April. (This does not guarantee that the production will be slotted in your requested time period, but it will certainly be considered.)
If you are an interested director please draft a proposal including:
1. Directing resume.
2. The name of the play
3. A synopsis of the play
4. The publisher/Royalties licensing agent
5. A character list and breakdown
6. A costume plot
7. A set concept
8. Any special needs the play may need (i.e. it needs to snow in act two, the play requires a working television, blood needs to splatter on the audience, etc.)
9. Your concept for the production and reason for wanting to do the play in the Black Box.
10. How you think you can accomplish your concept in a production budget less than $500.00
11. A copy of the play will be required for final consideration.
The Fischer black box is a 45 seat theater. The dimensions of the playing space are roughly a 28’ x 16’ stage. The lighting rig contains up to 20 channels (DMX, non moving lights,) and the sound system is basic. We encourage smaller (cast) shows, as the Black Box series runs concurrently with LVLT’s Main Stage season, and there is shared dressing room space. Single set productions are also encouraged, as there is limited space for set storage. LVLT provides production costs (royalties separate from the budget) and uses as much of its stock scenery costumes, props, etc, as possible. All parties involved with productions at LVLT are Volunteers and do not receive pay.
Please send electronic copies of directing proposals to T. J. Larsen, VP LVLT at email@example.com.
Please CC a copy to Mario Mendez, Board Member LVLT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or a hard copy in a manila envelope can be left at the Box office during operating hours (see website for box office hours.) Please print “Attention T. J. Larsen” on the envelope.